Use the following tricks to keep your holiday green:
- Recut - Give your new tree a new cut by sawing an inch off the bottom, ensuring a level base, and helping it absorb water.
- Daily Water - Once a week is a recipe for disaster. Top water daily and keep it clean.
- Screw Up - Don't break your wrist! Use a power tool to tighten the bolts on your tree.
- Based - Put a flat base under your tree if wobbly, and layer with an absorbing material underneath to avoid water damage.
- Bottom Out - Avoid decorating the bottom as it can cause temptation for your furry friends. Tinsel can be treacherous.
- Admire From Afar - use baby/pet gates to block off your tree or, if possible, place it in a room that can be closed off.
Your tree will look better, last longer, and be safer than ever. Enjoy the ambiance.